Friday, July 23, 2010

CVS trip 7/23

After we left Walgreens, we headed to CVS. This was my second trip for this week and only because I needed milk, which would earn me $1 ECB per gallon, limit 2.

I knew this would be a quick, easy trip even with the kids along. I had a coupon for a free gallon of milk that printed last time I was in. It was from the "buy 5 gallons, get 1 free" promotion. And I planned on "rolling my ECBs" to keep my OOP as low as possible. So here's what my transactions looked like.

Transaction $1
two liners $.50 ea, total $1
paid $1 ECB, $.07 OOP for the tax
Earned $1 ECB

Transaction #2
one gallon milk $3.19
used free coupon
paid $0
Earned $1 ECB

Transaction #3
one gallon milk $3.19
paid $2 ECB, $1.19 OOP
Earned $1 ECB

So for $1.26 OOP I got 2 gallons of milk and 2 packs of liners. And I'm left with $1 ECB for next week. I'm thrilled with this trip!!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen milk in orange cartons. I thought it was OJ at first.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...