Sunday, July 25, 2010

Walgreens trip 7/24

After hearing about my awesome deal on the copy paper, my sister wanted in on the deal. So I agreed to take her yesterday and show her how it's done. She needed copy paper for her kid's school list, so I agreed to buy 2 for her. She took it and that's why it's not pictured. They only had one bottle of the skin eraser, but I did find the blister defense which the SQ was good for and would qualify for the $5 RR. I also needed baby apple juice for Liberty so I decided to grab it while I was there. It's also not pictured because I had already put it in the refrigerator.

Transaction $1
Dr. Scholl's Rough Skin Eraser $7.29
Dr. Scholl's Blister Defense $8.49
- $10 SQ
$6.89 OOP
Earned $5 RR

Transaction #2
(2) 400 sheet copy paper $3.79 each
32oz Gerber apple juice $2.99
-$3.60 SQ (coupon from weekly ad for paper)
paid $5 RR, $2.25 OOP

I didn't do as well this trip if you only consider my OOP of $9.14. But it's stuff we needed or will use. And I get $4 from my sister for the paper so really my OOP will be $5.14, once I get paid. Not bad for $18.77 worth of stuff.

After two successful Walgreens trips, I have decided that IF the deal is good enough, then it's worth a trip. It's very annoying that they don't stock enough items that they put on sale, but it's worth the risk for a once-a-week trip.

The other thing about Walgreens is that the RR deals don't have a limit like at CVS. There is no card needed so they have no way of tracking how many deals you've purchased. But Walgreens is tricky. There are "rules" for how to get the RRs and certain things can actually make them not print. I'll try and find a link to the page I read to learn about how to shop Walgreens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...