Thursday, September 9, 2010

CVS trips 9/9


Leanna had her first dance class this afternoon and we just so happened to pass 2 CVS stores that I haven't been to yet. We probably passed 3 stores total, without going out of the way, isn't that sad?? LOL So I made good use of our time and got the rest of my SoBes. I am now out of coupons. And since everyone should know what they look like by now, I left them in the garage instead of lugging them inside for a pic.

Store #1
12 SoBe BOGO @ $1.59 each
- BOGO coupon
Free

Total paid OOP $.67 in tax.

Store #2
12 SoBe BOGO @ $1.59 each
- BOGO coupon
Free

Air Wick i-Motion Freshmatic Compact kit $4.99 each
- $4/1 MQ
$.99 each

Revlon Mascara $7.99 each
- $1/1 MQ
$6.99 each

Revlon Eye Shadow $4.99 each
- $1/1 MQ
$3.99 each

Earn $5 ECBs WYB 2 Revlon eye/lip products.

I did the happy dance when I got another $3/$10 in groceries from the coupon kiosk! My 12 SoBes counted as my $10+ in grocery items and I was able to use the $3 off towards my make-up.

Paid $6 ECBs, paid $4.62 OOP.
Earned $5 ECBs.

I "rolled" the $5 ECBs and the extra $1 ECB was from my green bag tag. I used that to pay for the Air Wick, making it free.

To show how shopping at CVS is saving me money compared to how I used to shop, consider this example. I needed new mascara because mine needs to be replaced. Normally, I would head over to Target and buy Maybelline (because it's cheapest) for $3.99 with a $1/1 coupon, making it $2.99 or $3.27 after tax. Today I paid $1.35 more than I would have normally spent, but I also got a higher quality mascara, eye shadow, an air freshener and 12 bottled drinks! Without the free SoBes, I couldn't have used the $3/$10 coupon. So by buying free drinks, I saved $3 that I could apply towards the cost of my make-up. Now you can see why CVS is my new favorite store!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...